Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Raising "D" Boys: Rainy Day (Not-So-Blues)

Raising "D" Boys

The joys of raising Dane & Drake.

Friday, September 5, 2008

Rainy Day (Not-So-Blues)

Peek-a-Boo


So it's pouring outside (thank you Hurricane Gustav) and I get as restless as the boys. We read lots of books, watched more cat and mouse (Tom & Jerry) than I normally allow and during lunch I decided it's craft time. I made trees using their feet as the trunk and hands as the branches/leaves. Don't ask me where I come up with this stuff, I was just sitting at the table eating my grilled cheese and tomato soup and told the boys what we would do after lunch!















Of course sitting in our house for 1/2 an hour requires 2 hours of serious play with all the reserved energy we just saved up. I'm talking about me, not them; those who know me well, know I'm not joking. wink wink
I built a tent using Dane's bed...that was fun....for 5 minutes...it took me longer to make it than they actually played in it. But I didn't dare take it down at bedtime!


And then we played Hide and Seek till daddy came home...how come I always have to seek? And how come they pick the same hiding place each time? And how come I have to act surprised each time I find them?...part of the mommy job I guess *smile*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home