Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Raising "D" Boys: All in a day's play

Raising "D" Boys

The joys of raising Dane & Drake.

Friday, August 22, 2008

All in a day's play

Dane said to daddy, "Take my training wheels off daddy, I'm a big boy now." So he did! And here is also Drake using the pedals; no more flintstoning it for Drakie!

So, ever wonder what I do all day when I'm home with our little ones and there's dishes in the sink and laundry to be folded and tumble weed of dog hair on our stairs? Here's the not-so-short version:

After hashbrowns, bacon, eggs and toast for breakfast we sent daddy off to work and went for a walk. Dane has been asking to fly his new kite, so we walked to a neighbor's field and after getting permission we attempted to fly it. The whole time walking there he kept saying "It's a good day to fly a kite mommy." And it was: cool morning, with sun and a few clouds, not too humid...oh, and NO wind! I got it up about 10 feet above our head a few times, but not for longer than 15 seconds. I bribed them to walk home by offering smoothies when we get there. I let each one choose a fruit to add to the smoothies I make; Dane chose banana and Drake chose blue berries...not too weird of a combination. I have made some odd ones in the past. Once Drake wanted to put corn in it and Dane thought that was a splendid idea as well. I'm pretty good at redirecting and suggested a yellow fruit instead.

After our smoothie and a picnic lunch it was starting to get hot. We came inside and they asked if they could play with the box and packaging popcorn in the box that I had from a delivery the previous day...I figured what the heck...


And they both did a great job at cleaning up before naps.

After naps and a snack I put together their easels...Here's where I get aggravated at myself. I thought the previous picture was funny and wanted to download it and look at it full-size. I forgot to put the memory card back in the camera; the pictures from the rest of the night are GONE...and I had some good ones. I didn't realize it until I went to download the rest of them.
So here's the picture of their first paintings without them actually doing it or posing with them afterwards.

Dane and I also made a cake and then he read 2 books to Drake and sang the ABC's and Old MacDonald to him. He held his hand and sat with him and then came out of his room to get his own books read to him before bed. I have great pictures saved in air space that I'd love to share. Next time I'll remember the memory card!

All in a days PLAY, nite nite *smile*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home