Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Raising "D" Boys: Appendectomy-surgical removal of the appendix

Raising "D" Boys

The joys of raising Dane & Drake.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Appendectomy-surgical removal of the appendix

Quick update-
Tuesday I got a call from Andy telling me he arrived at someone's house to do counseling, but left right away and drove himself to the hospital...after a CAT Scan and MRI they put him in an ambulance and drove him to another hospital to do an emergency appendectomy. I called our pastor as I packed the boys and hurried to meet him. We got there as he was being prepped for the surgery. He left for surgery and we (Dane, Drake and myself) cried and then wiped our tears and played hide and seek in the waiting room. We had the place to ourself so we could run, play and eat the picnic I brought without bothering others.

2 hours later the surgeon came out and said all is well; his appendix was swollen, not ruptured and we could see him in a few minutes. Andy greeted us with a smile (and oxygen mask which scared Drake and made Dane a little leary). His nurse took the mask of so Andy could talk and the boys could touch the air coming out of the tube.

We then headed home and, once again more tears from us 3 who didn't want to leave Daddy behind. This morning I spoke with pastor Duane and after Andy ate lunch we picked him up. He's got some vicadin so he's doing okay. He's asleep in the bonus room now and hopes to be back to work Monday.

I'll tell more when I know more.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home