Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Raising "D" Boys: Winter Wonderland

Raising "D" Boys

The joys of raising Dane & Drake.

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Winter Wonderland

This is what life is all about...


We woke up to 10" of snow (per Andy's measurement) last Friday morning. It was beautiful. Of course when it "warmed" up to 25 degrees we played outside. I leave a lot to be desired when making a snowman...I'm blaming it on the snow consistency not packing well. So then I brought out the shovel and attempted to pile up snow and have Dane help me dig a tunnel that we can crawl through. I remember that being easier when I was a kid; I was on my hands and knees digging with Dane (Drake standing by supervising us) and my pants were wet, my hands were cold and I was DONE! I bribed Dane into going into the house with hot chocolate and marshmellows. Before we had our afternoon heat wave in the 20's, we made tents (one for Dane and one for Drake) in our breakfast nook and great room. And of course we colored another masterpiece. As Dane will explain: "it's Tyranasaurus Rex biting Tricaratops." I don't think I spelled those correctly, but you get the idea. He's really into dinosaurs lately. We have a Dr. Seuss book about them and it was really exciting to see the huge life-like ones at the science center (twice last week). AND, we made our dessert of the week, I let Dane choose when we were looking at my pictures of the desserts I haven't made yet from my monthly Kraft magazine and he kept saying he wanted to make chocolate chip cookies....so we made chocolate chip cookies.

We also had very dear friends join us for that night: Grandma & Grandpa, Courtney & Kelly (and her almost 2 year old son, Henry). Kelly & Henry came all the way from snowy New Hampshire to enjoy more snow in Missouri. Dinner and visiting was wonderful. All three boys played like brothers...kind of sharing, kind of not. *smile* Since "Sharing is hard sometimes" (common quote of Dane's) and Henry is an only child and Drake is now a "biter" we all played referee atleast once. The noise and chaos of having 1, 2 & 3 year old boys playing was awesome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home