Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Raising "D" Boys: A day at the park

Raising "D" Boys

The joys of raising Dane & Drake.

Tuesday, March 6, 2007

A day at the park

Finally today it was nice enough to go outside and play for a little bit. Afer breakfast and entertaining Dane during Drake's 1st nap we headed to the park. It's only about 1 1/2 miles away, but for little Dane it's a long hike. So with our picnic lunch packed and both boys bundled up we made it there. On the way back Dane decided he wanted a ride. You'll notice they are pretty comfortable in their cadillac ride. Also I just realized this is T-bone and Zeke's debut on "d" boys' blog. Zeke is the great dane mix with brendal(sp) markings and T-Bone is brown with white paws and chest. Notice Dane is walking T-Bone. Notice also, that he has 2 leashes, that way I can have one just slightly shorter than the one Dane is holding in case T-Bone sees a squirrel.
p.s. That's not our house in the background...just a random place I decided to stop for a picture *smile*



We (Dane, Drake and I, Daddy stayed home and worked on the house we're building) spent Friday through Sunday in Jefferson City in a hotel visiting my dad at the hospital after his surgery. He had an aneurism and they removed it last week. All is well and he's expected to go home today. Here's the view from our room. And since my goal was to take pictures of the moon over the capital building you don't get to see the river and the bridge down below...Side note: there was an eclipse after I took this picture and I intended on taking the pictures throughout the evening, but forgot about it because we went swimming in the pool. And even that's not entirely true...we went "swimming" in the hot-tub because this mom is too much of a wuss to get into the real pool...it's way to cold for me. Dane didn't know the difference and the hot-tub wasn't turned on so it was the perfect temperature.

1 Comments:

  • At March 6, 2007 at 6:57:00 PM PST , Blogger Shannon said...

    The boys look soo comfy all wrapped in there blankets and chilling in the stroller. I am sure they had a great time. And the picture of the moon is just beautiful. Sorry to hear about your father, I am glad to hear that he is doing well. He is in my prayers!

    Are you guys in your new house yet??

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home