Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Raising "D" Boys: It's a sad day

Raising "D" Boys

The joys of raising Dane & Drake.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

It's a sad day



We lost another fish (that makes 3 so far). Yes, somehow mommy can raise boys (both of which are in diapers), but ask me to feed some gold fish daily and clean a tank weekly and I cannot fulfill my duty. I've tried to turn this into a "Circle of Life" lesson, but all it's doing is teaching Dane that it's fun to flush things down the toilet. I've managed to stop a q-tip going in the toilet, but the week is young. He now tells me that his one and only living fish is dead and that we should flush it too. *smile*

On the other hand Dane is gearing up for Mardi Gras!

3 Comments:

  • At January 24, 2007 at 7:11:00 PM PST , Blogger Shannon said...

    Sorry to hear about the fish problem. Hopefully you will figure out the problem so that the last fish stays alive. We haven't attempted the fish thing yet. Mikie would love to have one but it's tough having to clean the tank so often.
    I would say get a turtle because they require less attention and maintenance but I have heard that they are full of germs and not god for little kids.

    Oh and I hope the boys are feeling better!

     
  • At January 28, 2007 at 6:47:00 AM PST , Blogger Foilwoman said...

    My seven year old wants a guinea pig. They don't live so long, we have a small apartment, and I am not the best housekeeper on the planet. I've been stalling for just this reason. And you can't flush a dead guinea pig.

     
  • At January 28, 2007 at 2:21:00 PM PST , Blogger Renee said...

    Shannon-Turtles are okay, we found one in the woods on a walk last fall and wrote Dane's name on it and set it free...short-term fun and then wash those hands!

    Foilwoman-Don't be so sure about that. *smirk* I had a guinea pig in college that had babies (1 of the 4 didn't survive birth)...and being of great intelligence in college....yep, we flushed it! Oh and those things require WAY too much work...cedar shavings everywhere (3 foot radius around cage) along wtih little poopies when they run and play. Mine lived 7 years.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home