Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Raising "D" Boys: Monkey See, Monkey Do

Raising "D" Boys

The joys of raising Dane & Drake.

Monday, January 8, 2007

Monkey See, Monkey Do




It's official, Dane has made his daddy proud! Last week I was sitting on the couch feeding Drake and Dane climbs up next to me with his bear and says "I need to feed my bear". He then proceeds to lift his shirt and put his bear on his belly. Laughing inside I realize I have to praise him so I can get him to do this again in the evening when Andy returns home. Of course, Dane performed this several times for us. Oh, yes, Andy was proud and made some comments about how he hopes his son's future isn't ruined and how he's obviously traumatized, etc, etc. (smiling and nodding his head in disbelief the whole time). *smile*

We've had a pretty stressful week. Last Tuesday Drake was diagnosed with RSV. We've avoided hospitalization, however he still hasn't improved. Over the weekend Dane started getting sick and his fever started going up yesterday. At 4am this morning his fever was 104.1. Tylenol helps, but he is still not feeling good. The boys' pediatrician told me this morning Dane probably has RSV also, but not to bother bringing him in since there isn't a treatment for it unless it gets really bad.

We're all just kind of tired and slugs today. For those who've kept up with the saga of us building a house; we have a closing date of Feb 6th!

5 Comments:

  • At January 10, 2007 at 3:06:00 PM PST , Blogger Kira said...

    Hahaha! I love it! But what a natural way for him to think he needs to feed his bear after seeing nursing up close for months?

    Wow, a fever of over 104...that's pretty darn hot. How does he react to having a fever? My kids seem to just lie there looking sad and weak when they are sick. That's how I know they are NOT doing well, actually...the active mode shuts down and they just...sit still! Ari had one high fever as a toddler, but neither of mine got hit as an infant. I assume you're not getting sleep at a minimum?

     
  • At January 11, 2007 at 3:36:00 PM PST , Blogger Renee said...

    Dane slept alot and needed cuddling...mostly from his daddy. He only wanted me when Andy went to work. In fact Andy put Dane's crib mattress on the floor and slept next to him one night. Which was perfect timing because I had Drake in bed with me monitoring him because he was still sick.

     
  • At January 13, 2007 at 7:58:00 AM PST , Blogger Foilwoman said...

    I hope Drake is feeling better now. And I'll keep my fingers crossed that the house closes on time, under budget, and all that.

     
  • At January 13, 2007 at 9:34:00 AM PST , Blogger Kira said...

    Awwww! Sniff! That's an adorable visual of Andy sleeping next to Dane on the crib mattress! When your husband does something like that, doesn't it just make you fall in love with him all over again?

    Hope Drake is now well on his way to a full recovery and you guys are getting some more sleep!

     
  • At January 20, 2007 at 9:20:00 AM PST , Blogger Shannon said...

    I'm sorry to hear that Drake got RSV. I know when Mikie was born he was premature and they gave him a shot every month as a preventative. Needless to say were lucky and he didn't get it, but my heart goes out to you because I know what a pain a very sick child is. Hopefully everyone will be healthy again soon.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home