Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Raising "D" Boys: Springing into Summer Part 2

Raising "D" Boys

The joys of raising Dane & Drake.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Springing into Summer Part 2

Apparently I missed several photos when I did the previous post.  So here is part 2...the other one was lengthy anyway, right?

Here's our last day of soccer.  It was plenty warm and you can tell by Drake's red little face.  But he's happy with his snacks and trophy.  

 I have a picture of Drake right after the game, however I was unable to get a picture of Dane since our coach had to be the ref she told me I would be the coach.  So she briefed me on the rules right before the game.  The only thing I have going for me is I could run the whole hour and keep up with the kids.  I must say, it was a lot of fun.  

Here's a pic of them relaxing in the shade before we rushed off to see Andy in Kansas City for his triathlon.  That's the next post...I promise!


The Passion Painter came to our church and after he was done everyone had an opportunity to purchase one.  We chose the far right one, but we wanted the far left one as well.  These are on 4' x 6' canvas and are amazing.

Dane and Drake built a habitat for our turtle.  I wrote their names on it before we let him/her go home to mom and dad at bedtime.

Drake was helping me make homemade bread.  See the size of the pan; we made 6 loaves!  I'm sure if he had a tank on (and not his pj's) we'd see his muscles popping out with all the effort he's putting into it.

Early release day and it was raining...so I let the kids who came over for a play date play the WII.

Dane has lost another tooth.  This time I was at his school eating lunch with him so I got to go to the nurse with him; she gave him a cool tooth necklace.  I remember only getting mine wrapped in a Kleenex when I lost mine at school.


Apparently I also didn't include all of the Easter pictures either.  Here they are on Easter morning and it's actually what they ate for breakfast too.  See below....


I also found this cool idea on Pinterest:  Deviled eggs, Easter/Spring style.  I did a Halloween version in which each looked like an eyeball, but this was cool too.

Drake sleeping in the car.  I can never get enough of these pictures:


I chaperoned Dane's class to Purina Farms and it rained....no it poured....the whole time.  No worries we had umbrellas and raincoats and the show went on.....we just watched it from the pavilion rather than the bleachers.

Another sleeping picture

Andy and I went on a date and when we came home Drake had caught a salamander and a frog.  So we set them free to go home to their families and went to bed.  Drake was very upset but agreed to let them go home.  In the middle of the night I woke up and he was crying.  I went in there to see what was wrong and he said in his pitiful sobbing voice, "I miss my salamander."  If it wasn't the middle of the night I might have smiled or even been more sympathetic.  Instead I promised we could look for another one tomorrow and said, "good night!"

Our friend Julie has a lake house and she often invites us to spend days with her.  We fished while Rob and Andy trained in open water for the triathlon.  Grandpa would be so proud with the boys using the poles and tackle boxes he bought for them.  They use the wagons he bought for each of them on their 1st birthdays to make habitats for their critters too.


After a long day of fishing and swimming.

Drake is very proud of his army set-up.  You can't see it from this picture, but it goes around his bed and he also has soldiers staged on his shelf beside him.


Midwest (our company) sponsors athletic events.  Here are 5 of the 6 of us who did the 10K run in Owensville, MO.  Shown here:  Amber, me, Andy, Jessica & Denise (Rick left before the picture).

And here's Dane afterwards....

And Drake....


Mother's Day!  My alarm went off at 7 to work-out before church and Andy said to stay in bed.  He went and woke the boys up and they delivered me roses to bed.  Then Dane (the host) gave me a breakfast menu and took my order.  Drake (the waiter) brought me coffee and my silverware.  They did this for lunch and dinner too, but by then we'd gone to church and I was not in bed anymore.

All the great things they made for me....

The menus Andy designed.....

Tomorrow school is out and I am so excited to have time with the boys.  And really, the triathlon is next....give me a couple days.  I've already downloaded the pics, I just need to organize them:)

1 Comments:

  • At December 25, 2012 at 3:10:00 AM PST , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    When the bandage telescopes down the limb of the dog it may bunch up and abrade the limb. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Alexa Bags[/url] Applying the former definition, gratitude is sparse, short lived, and runs out quickly do to the fact that the reception of which relies upon the dutiful actions of others. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose[/url] Kyagmglpf
    [url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora uk[/url] Pvjuajets [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose toronto factory[/url] ruatxmcih

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home