Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Raising "D" Boys: 2nd part of summer 2011

Raising "D" Boys

The joys of raising Dane & Drake.

Friday, September 9, 2011

2nd part of summer 2011


My Uncle Kenneth (my dad's oldest brother) visited and stayed with us for about a week.  It was awesome having him with us.  He looks so much like my dad; both boys called him grandpa many times.  I quit correcting them and he said, "Well, I can be their grandpa too."  :)

One day we made a trip to the little town of Morgan, that the Indermuehle family settled...way back when.  Here we are visiting the Indermuehle cemetary where his dad and 4 brothers and 2 sisters are buried, as well as some of his cousins.  It's neat to see a whole generation of my grandfather and his siblings there.  Indermuehle is not a common name, but it is there.  When we paid at the hotel, the lady asked which son was his father....that was neat!

Below: Drake, Uncle Kenneth and Dane behind my grandfather's stone.

Here's Dane watching morning cartoons at the hotel with Uncle Kenneth.


And Drake playing with his cars; he's rarely still.


Drake did sit for a minute with Uncle Kenneth in the morning before he got his jolt of energy.


My cousin Karen lives near Morgan and visited us before we headed back to my place.


Here's us three cousins:  me, Karen (Aunt Ramona's daughter) and Susie.
Susie came all the way from California with Uncle Kenneth so he wouldn't be traveling alone.


Santa gave us a fish tank for Christmas.  Andy finally got the table made the way he wanted it.  Here we are getting ready to put our first batch of fish in the tank.  They are so excited.


So excited, they had to watch the fish while they ate lunch. 


We started a Wednesday evening tradition - since T-Ball practice was in the evening, I would pack a picnic  and we would hang out at the park for a couple hours until practice.  It was a nice break in the routine.


We continue to enjoy having BullsEye close.  Here we are relaxing in our yard watching the horses eat.


There's no occassion to this...I just happened to walk in and see them watching tv like this after I got finished working out.


And another morning they were like this....


Here's a couple of nature pictures. One evening while eating dinner on the deck Andy spotted a doe and 2 fawns grazing; look close and you'll see them. It's the same place we let the horses graze, must be good stuff.


Here the boys are watching the humming birds eat.  We have 3 feeders that I fill daily.


Throughout the summer I do fun things that keep them busy doing school work.  This day they requested I draw pictures that they can color by number.  My creative side is still hidden, but they are happy with it.
Drake has a clown with balloons and Dane has a barn with stables.


We went on a camping/float trip with another family.  Here Dane and Drake are enjoying Smore's.  I love how they are sharing the chair and chatting.


Drake dressed in the giraffe costume, "See my little tail."


I finally took them to the Arch...it's about time they go up in it, we do live here after all!




And their 1st days of school.
Drake in preschool, Dane in 1st grade (all day school is hard on him).
So bedtime has been adjusted and all is much better.



The next post (I'm hoping will be soon) is going to be all about their birthdays.  Then I'll be caught up...hopefully.  Just in time for Halloween!
Thanks for checking in :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home